Optimizing Biomass Fuel Moisture to improve Waste to Energy Plant Efficiency
Why is moisture in biomass detrimental for Combustion?
- What is biomass moisture content?
- What are the two types of moisture content in biomass?
Moisture percentage ranges in a good quality fuel
Managing Steam loads with fuel variability
- Fuel to Steam Ratio
- Steam Load
- Steam Properties
- Steam Density/Mass
- How much energy is in a ton of steam?
How do you measure moisture content of biomass to optimize the Fuel Pit?
Create an intro paragraph here and then write more detail about each other measurement points below.
flue gas moisture
Advantages of Measuring Flue Gas Moisture at Plants
Create a numbered List of Advantages. Think in terms of benefits and tie that back to applications. I.e. Higher efficiency, lower cost, longer run time, easier to maintain, more consistent steam, less lime usage etc.
1. provide feed forward to dry scrubber applications (this seemed to be a benefit, maybe you can break that down further into why that is helpful)
Where should you measure flue gas moisture on a solid fuel boiler
- Use this section to highlight how the H20 sensor is the only one that can measure at the economizer.
- Create a branded diagram of a solid fuel boiler that shows the location of H20 sensor
- Include pictures of the H20 sensor